Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

I normally ignore the idea of New Year's Resolutions.  Eat less, work out more, be kind to people.  I tend to keep these resolutions until I have a glass of wine in my hand and it becomes a slipper slope from there.  "Did you see what she's wearing??"  "We should TOTALLY order pizza!"  "I'm just going to skip the gym tonight."  With that in mind, I made a resolution this year that I hope I can keep: Get Out More in Naples.  When we first got here, I went on a tour every week to get acquainted with the area and since I started working, my "around town" tours have subsided.

I know, based on this blog, it seems like we get out a lot but Tom and I have found a great deal of comfort in American shopping on the base and the walls of "Little America."  I'm making this plan now, the morning that we discovered the broken window of our Honda Civic in our parking lot.  At times like that, when I'm close to tears and cursing Neopolitan street kids at 6:30 AM, it's hard to think the best of Bella Italia.  Alas, despite this minor setback, I'm hoping to keep an open mind and childlike wonder in discovering the adventures around the next corner.  It helps that Molly and Deacon are our newest set of neighbors and have a great desire to live the Neopolitan life.  It is with them as our inspiration that we are going to shop out in town more (once our window is fixed), explore the hidden jewels of Napoli and work harder on my Italian. 

So, for the short term, I am going to start making big weekend goals.  This weekend, it's Pompeii.  I'll keep you all posted, you keep me honest!

Auguri and Happy 2012!
Lynne
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment